Welcome to paradise!
Three Pints a day keeps the Aliens away!
Campers at the Barge Inn will be delighted to hear that finally a solution has been found to the long standing issue of alien abductions from the pub’s campsite.
Honeystreet Ales presents Alien Abduction beer, a specially brewed green beer with proven alien repelling powers.
The beer has been developed at Honeystreet Ales top secret Wiltshire brewing facility and due to the rarity of its natural active ingredient it will only be available in limited quantities. Fortunately for Barge Inn customers supplies will arrive in time for the May – June peak abduction season. (See Argy Bargy News)
Prof. Vogelheim says: “Exceeding the recommended daily allowance of Alien Abduction ale may result in unwanted side affects.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY.“
Suprisingly our site is not Caravan Club approved. But there's always room for one more on top!
Campsite approved listening.
Winner of The Honeystreet Ales 2013 National Campsite Award - Best ‘Festival Style’ Camping Experience. Widely acclaimed as the most fun you can have with your wellies on.Come camping at The Barge Inn! Enjoy a night under canvas in the magical Wiltshire countryside, within staggering distance of “probably the most famous pub in the universe”, known for it’s great beers, ciders and good food. Our idyllic location, beside the Kennet & Avon canal and in the heart of Wiltshire's ‘crop circle’ country, make it nirvana indeed.
Hardy, regular visitors will miss the campsite's ‘historic’ loos and showers that have now been demolished. The building of the brand new facilities has been delayed a little, so we have installed a temporary loo & shower-block for this season (they are though an improvement over the originals.)
All are welcome; bikers, hikers, pilgrims, aliens, wondering minstrels et al. Whilst everyone knows our campsite is a “bit of a show site”; new visitors will be pleased to hear there is no membership or booking fee. During peak summer season, for large groups, it’s probably best to phone ahead and check availability. The site can get pretty busy, especially at weekends and bank holidays. Just call the pub during opening hours on 01672 851705. You can of course just turn up and we will always do our best to accommodate you.
Also this year, we have a huge fire pit that you can use - we will be delighted to sell you some decent wood! Or bring your own traditional BBQ (but please, no oil drums or brassieres, Oops... I meant braziers!). The campsite is over an acre and we have room for 50+ tents and about 5 caravans.
Prices held for 2014 – How do we do it?
For fun loving, happy sociable campers who love spending time in the pub: Adults £7.50 pppn Kids under 12 £3.50.
Bank Holiday weekends, Solstice, Summer Parties: 2 Nights Min.
Check out our special offers:
Arrive by horseback – Free grazing
Arrive by bicycle – Free parking
Arrive by canoe – Free mooring
Arrive by foot – Free counselling
Arrive by spacecraft – Free beer!
Rules for the Campsite:
1. No open fires. BBQ’s off the ground are OK , (or save the washing-up & eat in the pub).
2. The management reserves the right to refuse admission, especially those from Alpha Centauri VII-p.
3. Only ONE vehicle per pitch – unless agreed.
4. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to your property.
5. We also accept no responsibility for any personal loss or injury.
6. Well behaved dogs, who’s owners clear up after them are welcome. But for everyone’s benefit they must be kept on leads whilst in the camping area.
7. Pitches must be vacated by 12 noon on the day of departure, (those who had a late night in the pub may get dispensation.)
8. We regret that no fees can be refunded.
9. Children please keep an eye on your parents.
10. Parents will be held responsible for any damage howsoever caused by their children.
11. Be considerate – not everyone likes Cliff Richard and the tent next door may want some peace and quiet, so please keep music /noise to a minimum. After 11pm Led Zeppelin only!
12. Any person causing excessive noise, damage or hindrance to others will be asked to leave.
13. Campers are advised to check the alien abduction threat level prior to pitching and follow the precautionary advice on the website.