Welcome to paradise!
Three Pints a day keeps the Aliens away!
Campers at the Barge Inn will be delighted to hear that finally a solution has been found to the long standing issue of alien abductions from the pub’s campsite.
Honeystreet Ales presents Alien Abduction beer, a specially brewed green beer with proven alien repelling powers.
The beer has been developed at Honeystreet Ales top secret Wiltshire brewing facility and due to the rarity of its natural active ingredient it will only be available in limited quantities. Fortunately for Barge Inn customers supplies will arrive in time for the May – June peak abduction season. (See Argy Bargy News)
Prof. Vogelheim says: “Exceeding the recommended daily allowance of Alien Abduction ale may result in unwanted side affects.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY.“
Suprisingly our site is not Caravan Club approved. But there's always room for one more on top!
Campsite approved listening.
Come camping at The Barge Inn! Enjoy a night under canvas in the magical Wiltshire countryside, within staggering distance of “probably the most famous pub in the universe”, known for it’s great beers, ciders and good food. Our idyllic location, beside the Kennet & Avon canal and in the heart of ‘crop circle’ country, make it nirvana indeed.
Hardy, regular visitors will miss the campsite's ‘historic’ loos and showers that have now been demolished. The building of the brand new facilities has been delayed a little, so we have installed a temporary loo & shower-block for this season (they are though an improvement over the originals.)
All are welcome; bikers, hikers, pilgrims, aliens, wondering minstrels et al. Whilst everyone knows our campsite is a “bit of a show site”; new visitors will be pleased to hear there is no membership or booking fee. However, because of the large number of pre-booked groups that we are hosting this year it's probably best to call ahead to check availability. Just call the pub during opening hours on 01672 851705. You can take a chance and just turn up and we will do our best to accomodate you on a ‘first come, first served basis’, but there is no guarantee.
Also this year, we have a huge fire pit that you can use - we will be delighted to sell you some decent wood! Or bring your own traditional BBQ (but please, no oil drums or brassieres, Oops... I meant braziers!). The campsite is over an acre and we have room for 50+ tents and about 5 caravans.
Camping Costs:- £7.50 per person, per night. Children under 12yrs are FREE. Caravans/motor-homes £15 per night (inc. 2 persons), additional persons at £7.50 pppn
Barge Inn campsite current threat level – MODERATEThe threat level has been raised to MODERATE due to recent alien sightings, usually shortly after closing time. Supplies of Alien Abduction Ale have been exhausted; but don't worry, additional security measures have been deployed.
Please remain calm and sleep/paddle safely in your tents.
Rules for the Campsite:
1. Open fires are strictly forbidden though barbeques off the ground are allowed.
2. The management reserve the right to refuse admission.
3. Only one vehicle per pitch.
4. We would advise you to fully insure your caravan and/or tent as we accept no responsibility
for any loss or damage to it or contents.
5. We also accept no responsibility for any personal loss or injury.
6. All dogs to be kept on a lead on site and please clean up after them.
7. Pitches must be vacated by 12 noon on the day of departure.
8. We regret that no fees can be refunded.
9. Children please keep an eye on your parents.
10. Parents will be held responsible for any damage howsoever caused by their children.
11. Any person causing excessive noise, damage or hindrance to others will be asked to leave.
12. All music or other noise should be kept to a minimum. After 11pm, Led Zeppelin only!
13. Campers are advised to check the alien abduction threat level prior to pitching and follow
the precautionary advice on the website.